Tom Hagopian, M.D.
College: Florida Atlantic University
Medical School: Emory University School of Medicine
Hobbies: Fire fighting
Dr. Hagopian earned his Bachelor of Arts from Florida Atlantic University and his medical degree from Emory University School of Medicine. Dr Hagopian started careers working as a professional firefighter/paramedic. Realizing his future was in medicine, Dr. Hagopian would continue his education and leave the fire service to attend medical school. During medical school, Dr. Hagopian pursued researching involving medical student’s in surgery and epidemiological research about mandible fractures. In addition, he started a company that designs and sells automotive taillights.
Dr. Hagopian is also a member of the International Association of Firefighters.
- Hagopian TM (2015). The University of Southern California Intern Handbook: First Edition, 2015. Los Angeles, California: University of Southern California, Keck School of Medicine, Department of Surgery.
- Mori M, Liao A, Hagopian TM, Perez SD, Pettitt BJ, Sweeney JF. Medical students impact laparoscopic surgery case time. J Surg Res. – 2015 Aug
- Hagopian TM, Vitiello GA, Hart AM, Perez SD, Sweeney JF. Does the amount of time medical students spend in the operating room during the general surgery core clerkship affect their career decision? Pettitt BJ. Am J Surg – 2015 Jul.
- Hagopian TM, Ghareeb, P. A.,Arslanian, B. H.,Moosavi, B. L.,Carlson, G. W. Breast necrosis secondary to vasopressor extravasation: management using indocyanine green angiography and omental flap closure. Breast J – 2015 Mar/Apr.
- Hagopian TM, Vitiello GA Hart AM Perez SD Pettitt BJ Sweeney JF. Do Medical Students in the Operating Room Affect Patient Care? An Analysis of One Institution's Experience Over the Past Five Years. J Surg Educ - 2014 Jun 12
- Hagopian TM, Tran L, Parelli J, Abt B, Steed M. A Retrospective Analysis of Mandibular Trauma Radiology Dictations. Oral Radiology – 2014 May 01.
- Hagopian TM, Harmon PJ, Clifton MS. Polymer Hem-o-lok Clip Migration Through the Trachea as a Complication of Thoracoscopic Tracheal-Esophageal Fistula Repair in a Newborn. The Journal of the Society for Laparoendoscopic Surgeons – 2014 Jan 13.