T. JoAnna Nguyen, M.D.
Hometown: Southern California
College: Boston University
Medical School: University of Miami
Hobbies: Running, cooking
Dr. Nguyen earned her Bachelor of Arts degrees in Biology with a specialization in neurosurgery and Psychology from Boston University, where she graduated Summa Cum Laude. She obtained her medical degree from the University of Miami and completed a one year research fellowship at the University of Southern California prior to residency where shelaunched, facilitated, and guided 23 ongoing research projects. Dr. Nguyen is an avid runner along and has a longstanding interest in cooking.
- Wong AK, Nguyen TJ, Peric M, Shahabi A, Vidar EN, Hwang BH, Niknam LS, Chan LS, Urata MM.
- Analysis of risk factors associated with microvascular free flap failure using a multi-institutional database. Microsurgery. 2015 Jan;35(1):6-12.
- Wong AK, Davis GB, Nguyen TJ, Hui KJ, Hwang BH, Chan LS, Zhou Z, Schooler WG, Chandrasekhar BS, Urata MM. Assessment of three-dimensional high-definition visualization technology to perform microvascular anastomosis. J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg.2014 Jul;67(7):967-72.
- Costa MA, Rommer E, Peric M, Nguyen TJ, Shahabi A, Davis GB, Vidar EN, Chan LS, Wong AK. Surgical-site infection is not affected by method of breast reconstruction. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2013 Jul:132(1):20e-9e. PMID: 23806951
- Tran BH, Nguyen TJ, Hwang BH, Vidar EN, Davis GB, Chan LS, Woo K, Wong AK. Risk factors associated with venous thromboembolism in 49,028 mastectomy patients. Breast. 2013 Aug:22(4): 444-8. PMID: 23692931
- Soltani AM, Peric M, Francis CS, Nguyen TT, Chan LS, Ghiassi A, Stevanovic MV, Wong AK. The variation in the absence of the palmaris longus in a population of the United States: an epidemiological study. Plast Surg Int. 2012: 282959. PMID: 23213502
- Nguyen TJ, Costa MA, Shahabi A, Peric M, Hernandez AM, Chan LS, Sener SF, Wong AK. Effect of immediate reconstruction on postmastectomy surgical site infection. Annals of Surgery. 2012 Aug; 256(2):326-33. PMID: 22791106.
- Ho G, Nguyen TJ, Shahabi A, Hwang BH, Chan LS, Wong AK. A systematic review and meta-analysis of complications associated with acellular dermal matrix-assisted breast reconstruction. Annals of Plastic Surgery. 2012 Apr. 68(4):346-56. PMID: 22421476
- Baker RY, Nguyen TJ, Hernandez AM, Baker CJ, Starnes VA. Minimally Invasive Heart Surgery in Women with Breast Implants. Annals of Plastic Surgery. 2012 July. 69(1): 10-3. PMID: 21659843
- Nguyen TJ, Carey JN, Wong AK. Use of acellular dermal matrix in implant-based breast reconstruction: Evaluating the evidence. Journal of Plastic, Reconstructive, and Aesthetic Surgery. 2011 Dec; 64(12); 1553-61. PMID: 21388901
- Nguyen TJ, Panthaki Z. Gunshot wound to the abdomen. ePlasty. 2010 Sept. (http://www.eplasty.com/images/PDF/eplasty-d-10-00099.pdf)
- Nguyen TJ, Thaller S. Premalignant skin lesions. Plastic Surgery Hyperguide. 2010
- Kohan E, Longaker MT, Nguyen J, Kawamoto H, Wexler A, Cahan L, Katchikian HV, Bradley JP. Pfeiffer syndrome twins: despite improved correction in one twin, growth disturbance results in similar need for subsequent monobloc advancement. J Craniofac Surg. 2009 May; 20(3):811-5. PMID: 19390453
- Ciminello FS, Morin RJ, Nguyen TJ, Wolfe SA. Cleft lip and palate: review. Compr Ther. 2009 Spring;35(1):37-43. PMID: 19351103
- Bradley JP, Levitt A, Nguyen J, Raposo CE, Jarrahy R, Katchikian HV, Kawamoto HK. Roman arch, keystone fixation for facial bipartition with monobloc distraction. Plast Reconst. Surg. 2008 Nov;122(5):1514-23. PMID: 18971736
- Nguyen, TJ, Thaller, S. Psychological Rehabilitation of Pediatric Burn Patients. J. Craniofac. Surg. 2008 Jul;19(4):882-7. PMID: 18650704