Paymon Rahgozar, M.D.
Graduated - Hand Fellowship University of Michigan
Hometown: Los Angeles, CA
College: University of California, Los Angeles
Medical School: Washington University St. Louis, MO
Dr. Rahgozar was raised in Southern California and attended UCLA as an undergraduate before heading off to Washington University in St. Louis for medical school. He returned to UCLA for his general surgery training and took dedicated time to perform both cardiac and plastic surgery research with Jim Bradley, M.D. He enjoys weightlifting and movies.
- Roostaeian J, Yoon AP, Rahgozar P, Tanna N, Crisera CA, Da Lio AL, Festekjian JH. Implant-based immediate breast reconstruction in the previously augmented patient. J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2015 Apr;68(4):e71-9. doi:
- Roostaeian J, Yoon AP, Sanchez IS, Rahgozar P, Galanis C, Herrera F, Tseng CY, Festekjian JH, Da Lio AL, Crisera CA. The effect of prior abdominal surgery on abdominally based free flaps in breast reconstruction. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2014 Mar;133(3):247e-255e. doi:
- Roostaeian J, Fan KL, Sorice S, Tabit CJ, Liao E, Rahgozar P, Tanna N, Bradley JP. Evaluation of plastic surgery training programs: integrated/combined versus independent. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2012 Jul;130(1):157e-167e.
- Gluck JM, Rahgozar P, Ingle NP, Rofail F, Petrosian A, Cline MG, Jordan MC, Roos KP, Maclellan WR, Shemin RJ, Heydarkhan-Hagvall S. Hybrid coaxial electrospun nanofibrous scaffolds with limited immunological response created for tissue engineering. J Biomed Mater Res B Appl Biomater. 2011 Oct;99(1):180-90.
- Roos KP, Jordan MC, Fishbein MC, Ritter MR, Friedlander M, Chang HC, Rahgozar P, Han T, Garcia AJ, Maclellan WR, Ross RS, Philipson KD. Hypertrophy and heart failure in mice overexpressing the cardiac sodium-calcium exchanger. J Card Fail. 2007 May;13(4):318-29.
- Al-Dadah AS, Voeller RK, Rahgozar P, Lawton JS, Moon MR, Pasque MK, Damiano RJ Jr, Moazami N. Implantable cardioverter-defibrillators improve survival after coronary artery bypass grafting in patients with severely impaired left ventricular function. J Cardiothorac Surg. 2007 Jan 12;2:6.
- Melby SJ, Gaynor SL, Lubahn JG, Lee AM, Rahgozar P, Caruthers SD, Williams TA, Schuessler RB, Damiano RJ Jr. Efficacy and safety of right and left atrial ablations on the beating heart with irrigated bipolar radiofrequency energy: a long-term animal study. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2006 Oct;132(4):853-60.