Hyuma Leland, M.D.
Hometown: Los Angeles, CA
College: University of California, San Diego
Medical School: University of California, San Diego
Dr. Leland earned his Bachelor of Science in molecular biology from the University of California, San Diego and his medical degree from the University of California, San Diego School of Medicine. During medical school, he pursued philanthropic interests as president of the Border Health Project and work with the Student Run Free Clinic. Following graduation from medical school, Dr. Leland completed two years of general surgery training in the University of California, San Diego Department of Surgery and a research fellowship in cartilage and bone tissue engineering in the lab of Dr. Marcel Nimni and Dr. Bo Han in the University of Southern California Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. He is currently a resident in the Integrated Program of USC’s Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
Dr. Leland is a resident member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, American Society of Maxillofacial Surgery, and the American College of Surgeons.
- Leland HA, Alluri RK, Iorio ML, Carey JN, Constantinescu T, Patel KM. Complex Hand and Wrist Reconstruction Using Free Vascularized Bone Grafts. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2015 Oct. 136(4) Suppl:25-6.
- Leland HA,Kulber DA. Abdominal Bulge after Retroperitoneal Dissection: The Definitive Management of Repair Using Bone Anchored Reinforced Mesh. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2015 Apr:135(4) Suppl:1193.
- Leland HA,Hoffman RL, King RS, Ahad A. The bionic era: Exploring the use of advanced technologies in surgical care. Bull Am Coll Surg. August 2014.
- Carey JN, Minetti M, Leland HA, Demetriades D, Talving P. Perfused fresh cadavers: method of application to surgical simulation. Am J Surg. 2015 Jul: 210(1):179-87.
- Leilabadi SN, Leland HA, Soundararajan V, Wong AK. (2014). Venous thromboembolism in oncologic and reconstructive breast surgery. In CH Gutman (Ed.), Venous Thrombosis: Risk Factors, Management and Complications (1). Hauppage, NY: Nova Science Publishers, Inc.
- McLemore EC, Leland H, Deveraj B, et al. Transanal endoscopic surgical proctectomy for proctitis case series report: diversion, radiation, ulcerative colitis, and Crohn's disease. Glob J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2013;1:51-57.
- McLemore EC, Coker A, Leland H, et al. New disposable transanal endoscopic surgery platform: longer channel, longer reach. Glob J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2013;1:46-50
- Guss DA, Leland H, Castillo EM.The impact of post-discharge patient call back on patient satisfaction in two academic emergency departments. J Emerg Med. 2013 Jan;44(1):236-41.
- Leland HA, Lee JT, Tan J, Romine LE, Peterson M, Bansal V. Cystic lymphangioma of the lesser curvature of the stomach – case report. J Radiol Case Rep. 2011;5(5):31-7.
- Chen MM, Lee CY, Leland HA, Silleti S. Modification of the L1-CAM carboxy-terminus in pancreatic adenocarcinoma cells. Tumour Biol. 2011 Apr;32(2):347-57.
- Chen MM, Lee CY, Leland HA, Lin GY, Montgomery AM, Silletti S. Inside-out regulation of L1 conformation, integrin binding, proteolysis, and concomitant cell migration. Mol Biol Cell. 2010 May 15;21(10):1671-85.
- Chen MM, Leland HA, Lee CY, Silletti S. Tyrosine and serine phosphorylation regulate the conformation and subsequent threonine phosphorylation of the L1 cytoplasmic domain. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009 Nov 13;389(2):257-64.
- Bindingnavele VK, Bresnick SD, Urata MM, Huang G,Leland HA, Wong D, Hammoudeh J, Reinisch J. Superior results using the islandized hemipalatal flap in palatoplasty: experience with 500 cases. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2008 Jul;122(1):232-9.