Fan Liang, M.D.
Graduated - Craniofacial Fellowship University of Michigan
Hometown: North Brunswick, NJ
College: Princeton University
Medical School: Harvard University / MIT Health Science
Hobbies: Tennis, Travel, Hiking
Dr. Liang completed her undergraduate degree at Princeton University, and received a Bachelors of Arts degree in Chemistry. Upon graduation, Dr. Liang spent one year working for a non-profit tuberculosis vaccine initiative in Bethesda, MD, and then matriculated into the Health Sciences and Technology (HST) program at Harvard University/ Massachusetts Institute of Technology where she received her Medical Degree. Prior to starting residency at the University of Southern California, Dr. Liang worked with Dr. David Sachs at the Transplantation Biology Research Center at Massachusetts General Hospital to investigate immunologic tolerance induction.Dr. Liang currently is a chief resident at LAC/USC in the division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. Her interests include reconstructive surgery, craniofacial surgery and composite tissue transplantation.
- American Society of Maxillofacial Surgeons National Resident/Fellow representative 2015-2016
- AAPS Winner for the Resident Poster Competition. “3D Cone Beam Computer Tomography volumetric outcomes of rhBMP-2 with a demineralized matrix scaffold vs. autologous iliac crest bone graft for alveolar cleft reconstruction”. Scottsdale, AZ. April 2015.
- Alexandra J. Miliotis Fellowship in Pediatric Oncology (2006). Awarded to two students per medical school class who demonstrate excellence in cancer research.
- Hypercube Award for excellence in computational chemistry, Princeton University
- F. Liang, X.J. Feng, M. Lowry, H. Rabitz. Maximal Use of Minimal Libraries through the Adaptive Substituent Reordering Algorithm. J. Phys. Chem. B.; 2005; 109(12); 5842-5854.
- M. Ito, Y. Liu, Z. Yang, J. Nguyen,F. Liang,RJ. Morris, G. Cotsarelis. Stem cells in the hair follicle budge contribute to wound repair but not to homeostasis of the epidermis. Nat Med. 2005 Dec;11(12):1351-4.
- A. Griesmer,F. Liang, A. Hirakata, E. Hirsh, D. Lo, M. Okumi, M. Sykes, K. Yamada, C. Huang, D. Sachs. Occurrence of specific humoral non-responsiveness to swine antigens following administration of GalT-KO bone marrow to baboons. Xenotransplantation. 2010 Jul-Aug;17(4):300-12.
- Y. Chen, T. Gerstle,F. Liang, B. Lee. Use of a novel laser projection grid to assess symmetry in breast surgery. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2012 Jul;130(1):231e-233e.
- F. Liang, I. Wamala, J. Scalea, A. Tena, T. Cormack, S. Pratts, R. Struuck, N. Elias, M. Hertl, C. Huang, D. Sachs. Increased levels of anti-non-Gal IgG following pig- to-baboon bone marrow transplantation correlate with failure of engraftment. Xenotransplantation. 2013 Jan; 20(6):458-68.
- P. Rudnick,F. Liang, N. Prince, S. Lipsitz, J. May, L. Guo. What Made Them Successful: An Introspective Survey of AAPS Members. Plast Reconstr Surg Global Open. 2015 March 18.
- F. Liang, P. Rudnick, N. Prince, S. Lipsitz, J. May, L. Guo. An Evaluation of Plastic Surgery Resident Selection Factors. Journal of Surgical Education. 2015 Jan; 72(1):8-15.