Cameron Francis, M.D.
Hometown: San Diego, CA
Medical school: UC San Diego School of Medicine
Hobbies: Long distance running, hiking, urban exploration
Dr. Francis earned his Bachelor of Science in Molecular, Cell, and Developmental Biology from UCLA and his medical degree from the University of California San Diego School of Medicine. An adept computer programmer, Cameron was licensed as an official programmer and tester for Apple. Following medical school, he completed a two-year clinical research fellowship in the Division of Plastic and Maxillofacial Surgery at Children's Hospital Los Angeles.
- 2014 Clinical Paper of the Year, American Society of Maxillofacial Surgeons
1. Soltani AM, Best MJ, Francis CS, Allan BJ, Askari M, Panthaki ZJ. Trends in the incidence and treatment of necrotizing soft tissue infections: an analysis of the National Hospital Discharge Survey. Journal of Burn Care and Research. 2014 Sep;35(5):449-54.
2. Urata MM, Francis CS, Nazarian Mobin SS, Gamer S, Groper J, Hammoudeh JA. Three-dimensional facial analysis versus extraoral impression casting for initial PNAM measurements. Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. 2014 Jan;70(9):43-4.
3. Soltani AM, Best MJ, Francis CS, Allan BJ, Panthaki ZJ. Trends in the surgical treatment of cubital tunnel syndrome: an analysis of the national ambulatory surgical database. Journal of Hand Surgery. 2013 Aug;38(8):1551-6.
4. Soltani AM, Francis CS, Kane JT, Kazimiroff PB, Edgerton BW. Neural sheath tumors of the brachial plexus: a multidisciplinary team-based approach. Annals of Plastic Surgery. 2013 Jul;71(1):80-3.
5. Francis CS, Mobin SS, Lypka MA, Rommer E, Yen S, Urata MM, Hammoudeh JA. rhBMP-2 with a demineralized bone matrix scaffold versus autologous iliac crest bone graft for alveolar cleft reconstruction. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. 2013 May;131(5):1107-15.
6. Sheckter C, Rommer E, Francis CS, Block V, Chen J, Rizvi M, Urata MM, Hammoudeh JA. Scalp erosion in ankyloblepharon-ectodermal defect-cleft lip and/or palate (AEC syndrome): treatment with acellular dermal matrix. Journal of Craniofacial Surgery. 2013 Jan;24(1):28-30.
7. Borzabadi-Farabadi A, Yen SK, Francis CS, Lara-Sanchez PA, Hammoudeh JA. A rare case of accessory maxilla and bilateral Tessier no. 7 clefts: a 10-year follow-up. Journal of Cranio-Maxillofacial Surgery. 2013 Jan;41(6):527-531.
8. Francis CS, Rommer EA, Kane JT, Iwata K, Panossian A. Limited-incision surgical debulking of lymphatic malformations using ultrasound-assisted liposuction. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. 2012 Dec;130(6):920-922.
9. Francis CS, Wong RK, Cohen SR. Endoscopic delivery of calcium phosphate cement for secondary craniofacial reconstruction. Journal of Craniofacial Surgery. 2012 Nov;23:2057-60.
10. Sheckter CC, Francis CS, Block V, Lypka M, Rizvi M, Urata MM. Multifocal lipoblastoma of the face. Journal of Craniofacial Surgery. 2012 Nov;23(6):585-7.
11. Mobin SS, Francis CS, Karatsonyi AL, Hammoudeh JA, Urata MM. Mandibular distraction instead of tracheostomy in Pierre Robin sequence patients: is it worth it? Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. 2012 Nov;130(5):766-767.
12. Francis CS, Rommer E, Mancho S, Carey J, Hammoudeh JA, Urata MM. Vector control in internal midface distraction using temporary anchorage devices. Journal of Craniofacial Surgery. 2012 Nov;23(7):58-61.
13. Soltani AM, Peric M, Francis CS, Nguyen TT, Chan LS, Ghiassi A, Stevanovic MV, Wong AK. The variation in the absence of the palmaris longus in a multiethnic population of the United States: an epidemiological study. Plastic Surgery International. 2012;31:282959.
14. Soltani AM, Francis CS, Motamed AA, Karatsonyi AL, Hammoudeh JA, Sanchez-Lara PA, Reinisch JF, Urata MM. Hypertrophic scarring in cleft lip repair: a comparison of incidence among ethnic groups. Journal of Clinical Epidemiology. 2012 Jan;4(1):187–91.
15. Francis CS, Kim D, Chaudhry O, Rizvi M, Urata MM, Hammoudeh JA. Nasofrontal heterotopic ossification following lymphangioma resection: an unusual presentation of a midline mass. Journal of Craniofacial Surgery. 2011 Nov; 22(6): 2381-2384.
16. Francis CS, Kane JT, Soltani AM, Tolo V, Skaggs D, Urata MM, Hammoudeh JA. Salvage of infected spinal instrumentation in pediatric patients using serial washouts with delayed regional flap coverage. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. 2011 Oct;128(4S)71.
17. Francis CS, Shetty A, Frank R, Melzter HS, Cohen SR. In situ fronto-orbital advancement with medial osteotomies for trigonocephaly-associated hypotelorism. Journal of Craniofacial Surgery. 2011 Jan; 22(1): 281-284.
18. Hammoudeh JA, Bindingnavele V, Davis B, Davidson Ward S, Sanchez-Lara P, Kleiber G, Nazarian-Mobin SS, Francis CS, Urata MM. Neonatal and infant mandibular distraction as an alternative to tracheostomy in severe obstructive sleep apnea. Cleft Palate Craniofacial Journal. 2010 Nov; 49(1):32-8.
19. Tsai FS, Johnson D, Francis CS, Cho SH, Qiao W, Arianpour A, Lo YH. Fluidic lens laparoscopic zoom camera for minimally invasive surgery. Journal of Biomedical Optics. 2010 May; 15(3): 5041-5043.
20. Tsai FS, Johnson D, Cho SH, Qiao W, Arianpour A, Francis CS, Kim NH, Lo YH. Integrated bio-inspired fluidic imaging system. SPIE. 2010 Jan; 7605(1): D1-D11.
21. Barshop NJ, Francis CS, Schwimmer JB, Lavine JE. Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease as a comorbidity of childhood obesity. Pediatric Health. 2009 Jun; 3(3): 271-281.
22. Chasan PE, Francis CS. Capsulorrhaphy for revisionary breast surgery. Aesthetic Surgery Journal. 2008 Feb; 28(1): 63-69.
23. Rhodes KE, Gekas C, Wang Y, Lux CT, Francis CS, Chan DN, Conway S, Orkin SH, Yoder MC, Mikkola HK. The emergence of hematopoietic stem cells is initiated in the placental vasculature in the absence of circulation. Cell Stem Cell. 2008 Mar; 2(3): 252-263.
24. Rhodes KE, Gekas C, Wang Y, Lux CT, Francis CS, Chan DN, Conway S, Orkin SH, Yoder MC, Mikkola HK. Hematopoietic stem cells emerge in the placental vasculature in the absence of circulation. Blood. 2007 Nov; 110(11): 379.