A. Lyonel Carre, M.D., M.P.H.
Graduated - Microsurgery Fellowship USC
College: City College of New York
Medical School: University of California at San Francisco School
Hobbies: Enjoying the outdoors and cooking with his family
Prior to his arrival at LAC/USC, Dr. Carre completed his residency in general surgery at the Beth Israel Deaconess Medical center, a Harvard teaching hospital in Boston,Massachusetts. He earned his Doctor of Medicine at University of California at San Francisco School of Medicine and his graduate degree in Public Health from University of California at Berkeley with an emphasis on health policy and management.completed as a post-doctoral fellowship as a Hagey Fellow in regenerative medicine. He was the recipient of many academic awards including the best paper at the American college of surgeon meeting in 2007. Dr. Carre has authored multiple peer reviewed scientific articles in PRS and has worked in the lab as well.
When not working, Dr Carre enjoys the great outdoors with his family and enjoys cooking alongside his wife and two children.
Grants and Awards
- MSC-Based Mesenchymal Regenerative Medicine: Guest Editor: From Friday, 5 December 2014 Publication Date: Friday, 24 April 2015
- Resident Teacher Award, Department of Surgery BIDMC, Harvard Boston Mass. June 2012-July 2013
- Resident Teacher Award, Department of Surgery BIDMC, Harvard Boston Mass. June 2011-July 2012
- Administrative/education Chief Resident. Department of Surgery BIDMC, Harvard, Boston Mass July-2012-June 2013
- Hagey Fellowship Research Grant. Ex vivo mech of scarless wound healing. 2007-2009
- Finalist, Annual Dean’s Prize Award for Outstanding Medical Student Research. University, of California, San Francisco. James AW, Xu Y, Theologis AA, Carre AL, Longaker MT. Estrogen / estrogen receptor alpha in mouse cranial suture fusion. San Francisco, CA. November 2008.
- Recipient of the American college of Surgeon, Excellence Research Award of the year 2009. American College of Surgeons 2009 Clinical Congress, October 2009.
- Recipient of the Stanford University Department of surgery, research resident of the year award 2010. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. Jan 2010,
- SKB foundation scholarship. UCSF school of medicine, 2002
- Osher foundationscholarship. UCSF school of medicine, 2002
- Carre AL, James AW; Kawai K; Galvez M; Longaker M.T; and Lorenz. H.PBeta-Catenin dependent Wingless (Wnt) signaling; a novel protein in acute cutaneous wounding. Submitted to Plos one
- Carre AL and Andrews R Chapter 2: Cholecystectomy.Minimally Invasive Surgery: Laparoscopy, Therapeutic Endoscopy and NOTES. JP medical publisher 2015
- Inayathullah M, Satheeshkumar KS, Malkovskiy AV, Carre AL, Sivanesan S, Hardesty JO, RajadasSolvent microenvironments and copper binding alters the conformation and toxicity of a prion fragment. J.PLoS One. 2013 Dec 27;8(12):e85160. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0085160. eCollection 2013.PMID:2438646
- K Kawai, BJ Larson, H Ishise, AL Carre, S Nishimoto…Calcium-based nanoparticles accelerate skin wound healing - PloS one, 11/2011 - dx.plos.org
- Carre AL, Barrett L, Knowles JA, Kenichiro K, Lngaker MT, Lorenz HP, Fetal Mouse Skin Heals Scarlessly in a Chick Chorioallantoic Membrane Model System. Annals of Plastic Surgery: July 2012 - Volume 69 - Issue 1 - p 85–90
- Carre AL, James AW, Knowles J, Chang E, Longaker MT, Lorenz HP. Wingless protein (Wnt) expression in fetal wounds. Journal of the American College of Surgeons. September 2008; 207(3): S60-61.
- Xu Y, Hammerick KE, James AW, Carre AL, Leucht P, Giaccia AJ, Longaker MT. Histone deacetylase inhibitors rescue the osteogenic potential of hypoxia in adipose derived stem cells. Tissue Engineering Part A. Jun 8 2009, Epub ahead of print.
- MacLeod L, James AW, Carre AL, Longaker MT, Lorenz HP. A review of the therapeutic potential of adipose-derived stem cells. Wound Healing Society Yearbook: Advances in Wound Care. May 2009,
- Carre AL, James AW, MacLeod L, Kong W, Kawai K, Longaker MT, Lorenz HP. Interaction of wingless protein (wnt), transforming growth factor-beta1, and hyaluronan production in embryonic and postnatal fibroblasts. Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery. 125(1):74-88, January 2010.
- James AW, Theologis AA, Xu Y, Brugmann SA, Carre AL, Leucht P, Hamilton K, Korach KS, Longaker MT. Estrogen / estrogen receptor alpha signaling in posterofrontal cranial suture fusion. PLoS ONE. Feb 2010.
- James AW, Leucht P, Xu Y, Carre AL, Hammerick KE, Longaker MT, Helms JA. Hedgehog signaling controls the balance of osteogenic and adipogenic differentiation of adipose-derived stromal cells. Tissue Engineering Part A. Aug 2009
- James AW, Brugmann SA, Carre AL, Longaker MT. Invited commentary: Discharge prevalence estimation, high altitude and microtia in Ecuadorian patients. Journal of Perinatal-Neonatal Medicine. Dec 2009.
- N.Morrell,#1 P Leucht,#1 L. Zhao,1 J. Kim,1 D. Berge,2 K. Ponnusamy,1 A. L. Carre,1 H. Dudek,3 M. Zachlederova,3 M. McElhaney,3 S. Brunton,4 J. Gunzner,5 M. Callow,6 P. Polakis,6 M. Costa,6 X. M. Zhang,3 J.A. Helms,1* and R. Nusse2 Liposomal Packaging Generates Wnt Protein with In Vivo Biological Activity” PloS, One 2008; 3(8).
- A. Gitig, P. Kishore, A. L. Carre, C. Vileu, I.Gabriely, and M. Hawkins Fructose Restores Hepatic Glucose Effectiveness in Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus.”. Department of Medicine, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY. Journal of Investigative Medicine. Vol. 49 No2, March 2001. Pg 193